This course is for All Seafarers enabling them to respond quickly to medical emergencies on board. It’s a simple guide to providing First Aid to a casualty without causing any harm to the victim before any medical assistance is received. While it is important to know the Do's of handling a medical emergency, it is more important to understand the Don'ts so that the situation does not worsen.
What are the requirements?
- An account with emarineacademy.com
- General idea of basic medical terms used in day-to-day life
What am I going to get from this course?
- Recognizing and diagnosing the casualty
- Easy to follow procedures for providing first aid on board
- Do’s and Don’ts for handling emergency
- Measures for prevention of similar casualties in future
What is the target audience?
- All Seafarers
- Everyone who wants to basic First Aid (Some terms may be from Ship's environment)
- Port Workers working onboard Ships in Port